Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blogging as Journaling

Hey folks, if anyone is reading,

I know you wouldn't come here to listen to me whine, but right now, I need an outlet.

Back in December, my husband accepted a job with a company that provides geologists to oil and natural gas rigs. The job can take him away for more than a month at a time with unpredictable returns home. Sometimes this is pretty good for us financially even though it's rough emotionally. But more often, it's just plain stressful in the way that your typical 9-5 job isn't. For example, he worked 3 days last month. That means that I got to have plenty of time with him, but this month is financially screwed as we cling to my paycheck to make things work. We seem to be pretty good at setting ourselves up for failure as we recently purchased new furniture on a payment plan (a very nice, very expensive bedroom set) and we are still working on paying off the credit card we got before he managed to land a job.

The long and short of it is that I have 3 bills to pay this week with next to no money and we've both got to feed ourselves until payday on the 15th. He's looking for a more consistent job that would be closer to home, but right now he's in Oklahoma, and might not be able to afford to come back!

I know I've been blessed in many things, but sometimes, life just sucks.

No comments: